Oh the joys of motherhood. One of the most dreaded things is potty training. In my opinion, it's time to potty train when the MOM is ready. Well, I was finally ready and started potty training Kyle on Thursday. Dave took Brandon & Eric up to the cabin over the weekend while Kyle and I stayed home for a weekend of potty training. I wasn't sure what to expect but my guess was that potty training Kyle would be somewhere between the experiences I had when potty training Brandon and Eric who were polar opposites.
Brandon - I started potty training him at 27 months. The first day was an absolute nightmare! He went through 20 pairs of undies the first day alone. Each day got a bit better but it took awhile and he still had accidents on and off for quite awhile after that.
Eric - I potty trained Eric at 23 months. It took one day and he was DONE! No accidents, potty trained for both day and night.
I didn't think that Kyle would be as easy to potty train as Eric but hoped that at least it would be easier then it was with Brandon. And thankfully, he has done really well. He has had very few accidents over the past 5 days. He isn't really good at telling me when he needs to go potty but he is very good at holding it so as long as I ask him if he needs to go potty fairly regularly, then he stays dry. He is especially great at staying dry when we are not at home. He wore undies to church yesterday and the gym today with no problems. I can run to the store with him in undies and really don't have to worry about him having an accident. So all in all, his potty training has gone really well and he is doing great. Good work Kyle!
Brandon - I started potty training him at 27 months. The first day was an absolute nightmare! He went through 20 pairs of undies the first day alone. Each day got a bit better but it took awhile and he still had accidents on and off for quite awhile after that.
Eric - I potty trained Eric at 23 months. It took one day and he was DONE! No accidents, potty trained for both day and night.
I didn't think that Kyle would be as easy to potty train as Eric but hoped that at least it would be easier then it was with Brandon. And thankfully, he has done really well. He has had very few accidents over the past 5 days. He isn't really good at telling me when he needs to go potty but he is very good at holding it so as long as I ask him if he needs to go potty fairly regularly, then he stays dry. He is especially great at staying dry when we are not at home. He wore undies to church yesterday and the gym today with no problems. I can run to the store with him in undies and really don't have to worry about him having an accident. So all in all, his potty training has gone really well and he is doing great. Good work Kyle!
Great job Kyle! Now Collin just needs to follow suit....once I'm ready :)
ReplyDeleteAnd good job Shanna!
ReplyDeleteYou are such a hard worker - trees and potty training. Brielle has rebelled against potty training and so I've quit trying. I think I'm finally ready to attack it - I'm planning on conference weekend since we stick around home a lot then. Cross my fingers!
Miss Ya!