
Over the last 2 days I have done a bit of a garage makeover. We moved Dave's work bench to the 3rd garage (where it belongs) and then yesterday, my dad and I took the shelves off the wall and moved them from the back of the garage to the front (THANKS DAD). This made room for the one thing that I have always wanted in our house but didn't have ... a mudroom! With three boys we have lots of shoes, boots, backpacks, snowpants, etc. All of which, end up all over the floor in my house. Well a couple weeks ago I was at my friend Amie's house and saw her garage mudroom which is awesome!! So I went home and planned for a similar area in my garage. Hers was done much nicer with built in cubbies, bead board, trim and crown molding but the basic function is the same. I used peg board instead of bead board so that I could move the hooks up as the boys get taller or as our needs change. I used left over paint from my front door. I used peel-and-stick tiles which are very inexpensive and easy to lay. The whole project cost just over $100 and now I have my mud room! Yeah!!
Wow. How on top if it are you already to have it done. Man, you are out of control. Come over and help with my house.... I'm still doing "little projects!"
ReplyDeleteI love that idea. I have the same idea for my house, only a little different. Mine would take some building of a small platform/deck. I love it!
ReplyDelete