Thursday, June 30, 2011

Three going on ... 16?

Kyle may look like a 3 year old but he seems to think that he is an adult. He thinks he should get to go off to his friends' houses anytime he wants. In the morning one of the first things he always says to me is "Can I go Peter's house?" or "Can I go Alex house?" This morning I was outside weeding the garden when he came out in his PJs and asked "Can I go Peter's house?" I told him no and told him that he needed to go upstairs and get dressed and that he couldn't go anywhere without getting dressed. So he went inside and I guess he thought that meant, get dressed and then go ahead and take off, because when I got done weeding I went inside and couldn't find him. So I walked over to Peter's house which is only a few houses down and there on their driveway was Kyle's tricycle with his helmet neatly hanging on the handle bars. I went inside and there was Kyle, dressed (even matching) and shoes on (on the right feet even). I told him that I didn't tell him he could go anywhere and he just looked at me and said matter-of-factly "But I want to." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment