Friday, January 6, 2012
"I'll NEVER go to the Temple!" ... "I'll NEVER get married!"
Last night, Dave & I went to the Draper Temple to do sealings as our anniversary date. We had taken the kids over to Grandma Chris' for the evening. When we got back, Kyle who is a bit of a momma's boy these days was very happy to see me. He asked me:
"Why did we have to be left here awone?"
I told him that he wasn't alone, that he was with Grandma. I told him that daddy & I went to the temple and you got to come and play with Grandma.
Then he got all upset (he was obviously very tired) and the rest of the evening proceded with him sobbing about not being able to go to the temple.
"I NEVER get to go to the temple with you!" "I NEVER get to go to the temple!"
"I'll NEVER be big!"
He went on and on like this, crying, sobbing about not being able to go to the temple, about being too little and that he will never get to go to the temple.
I got the boys in the car to go home and he was still crying. Then he started crying about never getting married.
"I'll NEVER go to the temple. I'll NEVER get married! I'll NEVER get married!!"
I lost it at that point. He was so sad and just sobbing but I had to go back into Chris' house for a minute and tell Dave, Chris & Clark what Kyle had moved onto and we all just couldn't help but laugh. It was so sad and sweet and hilarious, all at the same time. I wish that I had my camcorder on him as he was going on and on because that would've been priceless but of course, you are hardly ever ready for those types of moments.
When we got home he was still crying so I did get out the camcorder and got a little video of him carrying on about what he will never get to do.
"I got big and now I am small again. Now I'll NEVER go to the temple!"
"I'm part of your family but I can't go to the temple with you! Now I have to get another family. Now I have to change my name!"
I couldn't get the video to upload for some reason. :(
This morning he was feeling much better:
"I'm getting bigger and bigger and when I'm all the way big then I will be a dad and my other dad, he will be the Grandma!"
"And when I am the dad I will have my own babies and my own kids and I will move into my own new house!"
I do have to say, I am glad that at 3, my baby knows he wants to go to the temple. Brandon has requested that on his 12th birthday, we take him to the temple because he is also very anxious to go. Such sweet boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment