I had to go to a cub committee meeting this evening at a friends house in the neighborhood. When I left to walk over there, Dave was working on fixing the flat tires on his bike and Kyle's bike. The meeting lastest a whole 15 minutes and when I got back into the cul-de-sac, all the kids were out riding their bikes and Kyle, who had training wheels on his bike when I left the house, was riding his bike WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS! I couldn't believe it! I mean, the other boys picked it up quickly and I know that it is a skill that my kids have always been able to master in a short period of time but Dave said that Kyle had been on the bike for about 2 minutes. He can't start himself but he rides really well, manuevers really well and looks like he has been riding for a long time. Looks like the Barnhisel family is officially DONE with training wheels. Kyle was already eyeing the next bigger sized bike that is hanging up in the garage and talking about when he gets to have it. :)
Great job little buddy!!
THat is awesome....and we have really got to get Collin a bike at some point. I still take him on bike rides with me..... in the seat on my bike! AHHH! Where can you find good cheap bikes?
ReplyDelete