I have often thought that I needed to do better about shopping for deals, especially on groceries. My mom was FANTASTIC at this and I just haven't been. I always thought, "Oh I can't be running around to multiple stores with kids." Well, I have changed my thinking on this and am learning how to be a "Frugal Freak". I really am not as expert at this as I want to be (and will be eventually). Credit has to go to my WONDERFUL sister-in-law Alisa who started down this same path a couple months ago. She has been teaching me and helping me figure out how to play the coupon game. Last week was my first real experience with this and it was a success. I took advantage of Albertson's deals, rebates and coupons and ended up getting $153 worth of groceries for $52 which I know to the expert couponer is not as good as they are used to but I was really proud of my first attempt. Today I got 10 boxes of General Mills cereal at Kmart for $10. And the boys and I also made a trip into Walgreens which was a success. I won't break down all the deals that I get but this one was good and I will share.
I got:
3 Twelve Packs of Pepsi products
3 bags of Doritos
1 bag of Tostitos
2 things of Excedrin
3 deodorants
1 baby oragel
8 tubes of Colgate Toothpaste
With store deals, coupons and rebates I ended up getting all this for free and making about $2 back. Yeah!!
Here is how I did it if you are interested:
3 12 pks of Pepsi products $9
3 Bags of Doritos $10.50
1 Bag of Tostitos $3
Total $22.50
Then I got back a $10RR
Final cost $12.50!
Plus I get $15 in coupons from Pepsi/Frito-Lay!
So this really cost me nothing and I made $2.50.
Orajel Baby $6.49
$6.49 Manufacturer Rebate
$1 coupon from 1/11 Sunday Paper
Final price FREE plus a $1 moneymaker!
8 Colgate Total Toothpaste - buy one at $2.79 get one free with in ad coupon
Plus I used eight $1.50 off coupons printed from the internet.
Final price eight for FREE, plus $0.84 moneymaker!
Plus I can submit for the FREE Colgate travel bag with samples & coupons!
Excedrin buy one at $6.99 get one free
Use two $2 coupons
Final price 2/$2.99!
Wow..... you are TOTALLY better than me. My computer/printer at home has had a hard time printing the coupons. Where did you get the 1.50 off? And do you know if the Kmart you went to is doing double coupons this week like i have been reading about? You know me and cereal :) Thanks for sharing! AWESOME AWESOME!
ReplyDelete