Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last Day of Kindergarten

Today was Brandon's last day of Kindergarten. Can you believe it? Next year he will be in school all day. I think that will be pretty hard on me. He will be attending Hawthorn Academy, a new charter school in the process of being built super close to our house (90th S & 22nd W). I am a founding parent for this new school and have been working for the past year to help get it up and running. I am really looking forward to the completion of the school and the boys and I love driving by it to see its progress. I think it will be a good school for Brandon.

Here is a picture of him at the start of Kindergarten:

And a picture of him today, on his last day:

Brandon is very anxious to start 1st grade and keeps asking me why he can't start 1st grade right away. I am sure it won't be long before he understands the joy that is summer vacation! For now I am glad that he loves school and learning!

1 comment: