Friday, June 12, 2009

Track & Field

Brandon had his first track meet this evening over at West Jordan High School. He really enjoys running track. This first meet (which we have been waiting and waiting for a dry day for) was a practice meet and a lot of fun. Each kid competes in three events of their choice.

Brandon did the long jump which he was really good at:


He also raced in the 50 meter dash and the 100 meter dash. This was a good meet for us to feel out his strengths. He did better in the 50 meter dash. The 100 meter was too long for him. We have decided that he needs to either do short sprints or long distance runs. Next time he wants to try the 800 meter and the 1600 meter.


The best part of the meet was that Brandon was able to not win everything and be okay with it. I think we are making some progress in that area.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Brandon. I used to long jump too. I'm glad he's getting in to track.

    ReplyDelete