Saturday, October 24, 2009

Lisa Jane Layton Okland

This has been a difficult week. Dave's step-sister Lisa died tragically last weekend. She was a wonderful girl, so full of life.

Dave & I went to her viewing last night. It is amazing how many lives one person can touch. She will be missed by so many people. The viewing was very nice and there was such a show of support for both the Layton/Barnhisel families and the Okland families.

Elder Oaks and President Monson were in attendance as well. It was very comforting for me to see President Monson talking with Lisa's husband Chris and her parents, giving them a few words of comfort. I am sure that he is a very busy man and the fact that he made the time to stop by was very touching. Dave & I got to meet him and that was really neat. He made a comment to the affect that he didn't want to mess with this guy (in reference to Dave) who was quite a bit bigger then him (I swear all the General Authorities look so much bigger on TV).

Dave went to the funeral today. I had to stay home with the boys because of colds but Dave said it was a nice service and I am glad that so many family members and friends were there to pay their respects to Lisa and her family who are very much in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just want to thank you for the sweet post you did of my cousin Lisa. I came across your blog through her link list. She was a very special person and I am glad she was able to touch your life as well as ours. Thank you!

    Kandice Dickamore

    P.s. I hope you don't mind if I link this post to my blog @ kandmark.blogspot.com I am sure family members would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so sorry to hear about this. We love you and you are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete